Acorn Squash with Walnuts and Cranberries
- 1 Acorn Squash, cut in half
- ½ cup walnuts, roughly chopped
- ½ cup cranberries, frozen or fresh
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar (adjust to your preference, or use honey or maple syrup if desired)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Turn your oven to 375F.
- Combine walnuts, cranberries and brown sugar. Toss to combine.
- Cut each acorn squash in half. Remove and discard seeds.
- Split the mixture between two halves of the squash. Top with 1 tablespoon butter each half.
- Place in a baking dish, loosely cover with foil and bake in a for 1 hour 15 minutes, to 1 hour 30 minutes, or until fork inserted into the squash goes in easily.
- Remove from the oven, place on a plate and serve right away.