Celeriac & Roasted Garlic Soup
- 1 head of garlic, halved
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 celeriac, peeled & chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 bouquet garni of thyme, rosemary & bay leaf
- 4 C of chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1/2 C heavy cream
- salt & Pepper to taste
Parsley Oil (Opt)
- large handful of fresh Italian parsley
- 1/4 C olive oil
1.To roast the garlic, place the halved head of garlic on a piece of foil and drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt. Wrap in the foil and place in the oven at 350 degrees and allow to raost for 45 min- 1 hour until garlic is soft. Squeeze out of the skins and set aside.
2. To make the soup, saute onion in a bit of oil until soft and translucent. Add celeriac and potato, saute for 10 minutes.
3.Add the roasted garlic and bouquet garni and pour in the stock. Allow soup to simmer gently for 30-45 minutes until vegetables are soft.
4. Remove bouquet garni and puree the soup. Add a little more stock if soup is thicker than you like. add the cream and heat through. Season to taste.
5. To make parsley oil (if using), combine parsley and oil in small food processor and blend very fine. Press mixture through a sieve and discard any remaining pieces of parsley. Garnish soup with oil before serving by adding a swirl of parsley oil.