Crispy Salmon on Tatsoi with Spicy Thai Sauce
- 1/4 c. honey or maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp. fish sauce
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. lime juice
- 2 inches fresh ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 tsp. dried red pepper (to taste)
- 1 1/2 lb. salmon (or other fish)
- olive oil
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 head tatsoi, leaves separated
- Combine honey, fish sauce, water, lime juice, ginger root, garlic, and hot pepper in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Brush fish filets on all sides with olive oil; season with salt and pepper
- Cook fish for about 5 minutes, just until center is opaque. Only cook on one side.
- Meanwhile, heat 2 tsp. olive oil in another skillet over medium heat. Cook onion slices for 1 minute.
- Stir in tatsoi and cook until wilted but still bright green. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- To serve, divide tatsoi among 4 plates. Place fish on greens, and spoon sauce on top.