Daikon Carrot Salad
Makes: 3-4 servings. Total time: 10 minutes.
- 2 daikon radishes
- 2 medium-large carrots
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 x 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Clean and peel the daikon radishes and carrots. Using a vegetable peeler, ‘shave’ slices of the radish and the carrots. This is easiest to do by pressing the vegetable against a cutting board and using the peeler to slice away from your body. Place these in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, combine the sesame oil, vinegar, minced garlic clove, and grated ginger. Add some salt (1/4 – 1/2 teaspoon) and pepper to taste. Combine the dressing with the sliced daikon and carrots, add the sesame seeds, and mix well.