Green Tomato Southwestern Panzanella Salad
- 3 green tomatoes, medium diced
- ¾ cup corn kernals
- 1 avocado, medium diced
- ¼ cup onion, small diced
- ¾ cup red pepper, medium diced
- ¾ cup green pepper, medium diced
- ¾ cup queso freso, crumbled
- jalapeno, small diced, to taste
- 6 cups cubed bread
- olive oil
Cilantro Lime Dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- ½ teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon shallot, roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, about 1½ limes
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Heat a large pan over medium heat and drizzle with about 2 teaspoons olive oil. Place cubed bread into the hot pan and sprinkle with a pinch of salt and pepper. Toast the bread for about 15 minutes, or until bread is crispy on the outside. Let cool.
- Add the remaining salad ingredients into a large bowl and then add in the cooled bread cubes.
- Add all of the cilantro lime dressing ingredients into a blender and blend until combined.
- Pour dressing over the bread and vegetable mixture and stir until everything is combined.