Houston style green salsa
Link to recipe from member Angharad Guy's food blog- Eating for England.
- 1 lb fresh tomatillos
- 1 large avocado
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion, roughly chopped
- 1-2 serrano peppers, seeds removed (or left in!)
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- 2 tbsp sour cream
- Remove the husks from the tomatillos and drop them whole into a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes to soften them. Using a slotted spoon or tongs, transfer them from the pot to the blender.
- Remove the pit and scoop out the avocado flesh. Add it to the blender along with the garlic, onion, peppers, lime juice, and sour cream.
- Blend until you reach desired consistency.
- Add cilantro, cayenne, and a large pinch of salt, pulsing once or twice to combine.
- Leftovers will keep several days in the fridge. Yields 2 cups.