Paleo Asian Chicken Stir-Fry
Switch out veggies with what you have on hand. Carrots, mushrooms, broccoli are good choices.
- 2 tbsp olive or coconut oil
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced into 1" cubes
- 1 bell pepper, any color
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced into small chunks (or 4 tiny zucchinis, as pictured)
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tsp+ sriracha sauce (start with ½ tsp and work your way up to get flavor you like- this is spicy!) (or use your favorite stir-fry sauce)
- handful pea shoots
- In a heavy cast iron pan, heat oil until shimmery.
- Add chicken, cook on medium high heat until just browned, 5 minutes.
- Add onions and peppers, cook until slightly browned- about 5 minutes.
- Add zucchini, keep cooking until everything is nicely browned, about 6 minutes.
- Add coconut aminos and stir well.
- Slowly add sriracha sauce until desired heat level- this sneaks up on you, so add slowly. You can always add more, but you can't take away if you add too much!
- Throw pea shoots in while still on stove, and toss mixture until shoots start to soften, about 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and eat immediately!
- Can be eaten as-is, or added to a lettuce wrap. Or if you don't want it Paleo, serve over rice.