½ bunch ramps, finely chopped, leaves and bulbs separated
½ teaspoon Maldon salt
8 oz unsalted butter, at room temp
2 teaspoons honey
zest of 1 lime
¼ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Salt chopped ramp bulbs and mash with a mortar and pestle to release the juices.
- Add to a medium bowl and fold in the rest of the ingredients.
- If your butter is really soft, chill in the fridge for 15 minutes before molding.
- Transfer butter to a piece of parchment and gently roll the butter into a uniform log.
- Chill in the fridge until firm. If you need to speed it up, chill in the freezer for 30 minutes until firm.
- Cut into slices.
- Use this in a million different things. Scrambled eggs, slathered on toast, tossed with fresh pasta or vegetables—or the very best, sneak it under the skin of your next roasted chicken.