Roasted Squash and Kale Salad
- 1 butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound kale, thinly sliced
- 1 cucumber, peeled and julienned
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Peel, seed, and cut butternut squash into 1-inch chunks.
- Toss with olive oil, brown sugar, salt, and pepper; bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven; cool.
- Toss with kale, cucumber, and red onion.
- In a blender, purée low-sodium soy sauce, fresh lime juice, sesame oil, sugar, creamy peanut butter, fresh ginger, and water.
- Drizzle salad with dressing; serve.