Simple Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- 1 large sweet potato, scrubbed clean
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or light flavored oil of your choice
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Preheat oven to 400° F.
- Cut sweet potato into bite sized pieces, about ½ to 1-inch in size. You want your sweet potato chunks to be roughly uniform in size so they all cook at about the same rate.
- Place the cubed sweet potatoes in a large cast iron skillet or on a baking sheet, and drizzle with oil, sprinkle with cumin, salt, and pepper, and toss to coat. Roast in 400° F oven, turning occasionally, for 25-30 minutes, or until crisp and browned outside and just tender inside.
- The recipe is easily doubled as needed, just be careful not to crowd the pan too much or the potatoes will steam, and won't get as crisp and browned.