Skillet Balsamic Chicken with Zucchini and Peppers
- 1 1/2 lbs thin sliced chicken cutlets
- coarse salt and fresh ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 8 - 10 small sweet peppers, sliced into rounds
- 1 zucchini, halved longways then sliced into half moons
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Place your chicken cutlets spread out on a plate and pat dry with a paper towel (this helps get a good sear on the chicken). Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken into skillet. Cook on first side for about 4-5 minutes or until you can see it browning. Carefully flip your chicken over. Let cook for 3-4 minutes longer. At this time add your sliced zucchini, peppers and dried oregano to pan. Let veggies saute around in the space the chicken is cooking in.
- Gently toss the vegetables around in pan, then add 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar over chicken. Let simmer on low for a few minutes longer until vegetables are cooked through. Top each chicken cutlet with crumbled feta and serve with vegetables.